Sunbeams on Snow

My own personal soapbox... make of it what you will. As far as the title... a memorable moment in life was when I lived overseas, and announced that I wanted to have it snowing outside and still be sunny. My friends said I was crazy. But you know what? The next day: sunbeams on snow. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A book meme thingy

1. How many books I own: Best guess would be 2500-3000. That may seem like a slight exaggeration, but I have four floor-to-ceiling bookshelves in this room alone that are not only filled to the maximum capacity intended by the shelf manufacturer, but then there are at least six shelves with double rows of books. Then there are the boxes upon boxes upon boxes of books that are awaiting the purchase of additional shelves. Plus the three super sized bookcases filled with children's books that are currently on loan at my mum's library. Then there are the files of magazines... but that's a whole different meme I guess.

2.) The last book I bought: Cool to be Kind, by Val Litwin, Brad Stokes, Erik Hanson, and Chris Bratseth. These guys fascinate me... if you haven't heard of them and their "Kindness Tour", check them out at the Extreme Kindness website.


3.) The last book I read: A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon.


4.) Five books that mean a lot to me:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. The Earth Speaks by Steve Van Matre
3. Little Women by Lousia May Alcott
4. A Vision of Light by Judith Merkle Riley
5. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery


5.) Five people I’ve tagged: (Assuming they haven’t been tagged already.)
Kiki
Mel
Natalie
Aerin
Tess

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

I've been tagged?!? Okay, I'll write it tomorrow.

Tess

P.S. Seen any good vacation rentals lately?

1:58 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Okay, I did it!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home